8/24/12

The Reason




The reason

by

Gary D. Rose

Isaiah Chapter 40:28-31

I am young, a mere 10 years
but in my life are many tears
a parent died and I hurt sore
why should I live on anymore?

Chorus

In my teens and growing strong
but life is hard and so forlorn
my young love has died today
so, why should I live even one more day?

Chorus

Married now so happy we
but life became full of tragedy
Our firstborn child lay still and cold
so what's the point of growing old?

Chorus

My loved one of so many years
with whom I lived through all life's tears
has died today and I'm alone,
I can't see why I should live alone?

Chorus

Come near my child and listen to me
for I am there in your adversity

you are not alone and I do care
for in your hardship I am there.

Be faithful unto death and see
how beautiful heaven will be!!


It is a sobering fact that bad things happen to us all.  Things that we wish had never, ever happened, did.  We can't change the past, but we endure our troubles with God's help.  That is why I wrote this poem last December; to remind me of what I already knew... that God is a help in times of trouble and will help me through anything.  Listed below is the Scripture I had in mind when I wrote this...

Isaiah, Chapter 40
 28 Haven’t you known?
Haven’t you heard?
The everlasting God, Yahweh,
The Creator of the ends of the earth, doesn’t faint.
He isn’t weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.

  29 He gives power to the weak.
He increases the strength of him who has no might.

  30 Even the youths faint and get weary,
and the young men utterly fall;
  31 But those who wait for Yahweh will renew their strength.
They will mount up with wings like eagles.
They will run, and not be weary.
They will walk, and not faint.
 
The reason to on when life becomes too hard to bear is that you are not alone, God is always there.  When I wrote this, I thought perhaps someday, someone would put it to music (after all, it was designed to be a song).  If anyone out there feels motivated to do this, I would greatly appreciate it.  I just wish I had the talent to do it myself....