9/10/12

Sept. 10 Psalms 55-57


Sept. 10
Psalms 55-57

Psa 55:1 Listen to my prayer, God. Don't hide yourself from my supplication.
Psa 55:2 Attend to me, and answer me. I am restless in my complaint, and moan,
Psa 55:3 Because of the voice of the enemy, Because of the oppression of the wicked. For they bring suffering on me. In anger they hold a grudge against me.
Psa 55:4 My heart is severely pained within me. The terrors of death have fallen on me.
Psa 55:5 Fearfulness and trembling have come on me. Horror has overwhelmed me.
Psa 55:6 I said, "Oh that I had wings like a dove! Then I would fly away, and be at rest.
Psa 55:7 Behold, then I would wander far off. I would lodge in the wilderness." Selah.
Psa 55:8 "I would hurry to a shelter from the stormy wind and storm."
Psa 55:9 Confuse them, Lord, and confound their language, for I have seen violence and strife in the city.
Psa 55:10 Day and night they prowl around on its walls. Malice and abuse are also within her.
Psa 55:11 Destructive forces are within her. Threats and lies don't depart from her streets.
Psa 55:12 For it was not an enemy who insulted me, then I could have endured it. Neither was it he who hated me who raised himself up against me, then I would have hid myself from him.
Psa 55:13 But it was you, a man like me, my companion, and my familiar friend.
Psa 55:14 We took sweet fellowship together. We walked in God's house with company.
Psa 55:15 Let death come suddenly on them. Let them go down alive into Sheol. For wickedness is in their dwelling, in the midst of them.
Psa 55:16 As for me, I will call on God. Yahweh will save me.
Psa 55:17 Evening, morning, and at noon, I will cry out in distress. He will hear my voice.
Psa 55:18 He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me, although there are many who oppose me.
Psa 55:19 God, who is enthroned forever, will hear, and answer them. Selah. They never change, who don't fear God.
Psa 55:20 He raises his hands against his friends. He has violated his covenant.
Psa 55:21 His mouth was smooth as butter, but his heart was war. His words were softer than oil, yet they were drawn swords.
Psa 55:22 Cast your burden on Yahweh, and he will sustain you. He will never allow the righteous to be moved.
Psa 55:23 But you, God, will bring them down into the pit of destruction. Bloodthirsty and deceitful men shall not live out half their days, but I will trust in you.
 

Psa 56:1 Be merciful to me, God, for man wants to swallow me up. All day long, he attacks and oppresses me.
Psa 56:2 My enemies want to swallow me up all day long, for they are many who fight proudly against me.
Psa 56:3 When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you.
Psa 56:4 In God, I praise his word. In God, I put my trust. I will not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?
Psa 56:5 All day long they twist my words. All their thoughts are against me for evil.
Psa 56:6 They conspire and lurk, watching my steps, they are eager to take my life.
Psa 56:7 Shall they escape by iniquity? In anger cast down the peoples, God.
Psa 56:8 You number my wanderings. You put my tears into your bottle. Aren't they in your book?
Psa 56:9 Then my enemies shall turn back in the day that I call. I know this, that God is for me.
Psa 56:10 In God, I will praise his word. In Yahweh, I will praise his word.
Psa 56:11 I have put my trust in God. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?
Psa 56:12 Your vows are on me, God. I will give thank offerings to you.
Psa 56:13 For you have delivered my soul from death, and prevented my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living.
 

Psa 57:1 Be merciful to me, God, be merciful to me, for my soul takes refuge in you. Yes, in the shadow of your wings, I will take refuge, until disaster has passed.
Psa 57:2 I cry out to God Most High, to God who accomplishes my requests for me.
Psa 57:3 He will send from heaven, and save me, he rebukes the one who is pursuing me. Selah. God will send out his loving kindness and his truth.
Psa 57:4 My soul is among lions. I lie among those who are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword.
Psa 57:5 Be exalted, God, above the heavens! Let your glory be above all the earth!
Psa 57:6 They have prepared a net for my steps. My soul is bowed down. They dig a pit before me. They fall into its midst themselves. Selah.
Psa 57:7 My heart is steadfast, God, my heart is steadfast. I will sing, yes, I will sing praises.
Psa 57:8 Wake up, my glory! Wake up, psaltery and harp! I will wake up the dawn.
Psa 57:9 I will give thanks to you, Lord, among the peoples. I will sing praises to you among the nations.
Psa 57:10 For your great loving kindness reaches to the heavens, and your truth to the skies.
Psa 57:11 Be exalted, God, above the heavens. Let your glory be over all the earth.