9/11/12

Sept. 11 Psalms 58-60


Sept. 11
Psalms 58-60

Psa 58:1 Do you indeed speak righteousness, silent ones? Do you judge blamelessly, you sons of men?
Psa 58:2 No, in your heart you plot injustice. You measure out the violence of your hands in the earth.
Psa 58:3 The wicked go astray from the womb. They are wayward as soon as they are born, speaking lies.
Psa 58:4 Their poison is like the poison of a snake; like a deaf cobra that stops its ear,
Psa 58:5 which doesn't listen to the voice of charmers, no matter how skillful the charmer may be.
Psa 58:6 Break their teeth, God, in their mouth. Break out the great teeth of the young lions, Yahweh.
Psa 58:7 Let them vanish as water that flows away. When they draw the bow, let their arrows be made blunt.
Psa 58:8 Let them be like a snail which melts and passes away, like the stillborn child, who has not seen the sun.
Psa 58:9 Before your pots can feel the heat of the thorns, he will sweep away the green and the burning alike.
Psa 58:10 The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance. He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked;
Psa 58:11 so that men shall say, "Most certainly there is a reward for the righteous. Most certainly there is a God who judges the earth."
Psa 59:1 Deliver me from my enemies, my God. Set me on high from those who rise up against me.
Psa 59:2 Deliver me from the workers of iniquity. Save me from the bloodthirsty men.
Psa 59:3 For, behold, they lie in wait for my soul. The mighty gather themselves together against me, not for my disobedience, nor for my sin, Yahweh.
Psa 59:4 I have done no wrong, yet they are ready to attack me. Rise up, behold, and help me!
Psa 59:5 You, Yahweh God of Armies, the God of Israel, rouse yourself to punish the nations. Show no mercy to the wicked traitors. Selah.
Psa 59:6 They return at evening, howling like dogs, and prowl around the city.
Psa 59:7 Behold, they spew with their mouth. Swords are in their lips, "For," they say, "who hears us?"
Psa 59:8 But you, Yahweh, laugh at them. You scoff at all the nations.
Psa 59:9 Oh, my Strength, I watch for you, for God is my high tower.
Psa 59:10 My God will go before me with his loving kindness. God will let me look at my enemies in triumph.
Psa 59:11 Don't kill them, or my people may forget. Scatter them by your power, and bring them down, Lord our shield.
Psa 59:12 For the sin of their mouth, and the words of their lips, let them be caught in their pride, for the curses and lies which they utter.
Psa 59:13 Consume them in wrath. Consume them, and they will be no more. Let them know that God rules in Jacob, to the ends of the earth. Selah.
Psa 59:14 At evening let them return. Let them howl like a dog, and go around the city.
Psa 59:15 They shall wander up and down for food, and wait all night if they aren't satisfied.
Psa 59:16 But I will sing of your strength. Yes, I will sing aloud of your loving kindness in the morning. For you have been my high tower, a refuge in the day of my distress.
Psa 59:17 To you, my strength, I will sing praises. For God is my high tower, the God of my mercy.
Psa 60:1 God, you have rejected us. You have broken us down. You have been angry. Restore us, again.
Psa 60:2 You have made the land tremble. You have torn it. Mend its fractures, for it quakes.
Psa 60:3 You have shown your people hard things. You have made us drink the wine that makes us stagger.
Psa 60:4 You have given a banner to those who fear you, that it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah.
Psa 60:5 So that your beloved may be delivered, save with your right hand, and answer us.
Psa 60:6 God has spoken from his sanctuary: "I will triumph. I will divide Shechem, and measure out the valley of Succoth.
Psa 60:7 Gilead is mine, and Manasseh is mine. Ephraim also is the defense of my head. Judah is my scepter.
Psa 60:8 Moab is my wash basin. I will throw my shoe on Edom. I shout in triumph over Philistia."
Psa 60:9 Who will bring me into the strong city? Who has led me to Edom?
Psa 60:10 Haven't you, God, rejected us? You don't go out with our armies, God.
Psa 60:11 Give us help against the adversary, for the help of man is vain.
Psa 60:12 Through God we shall do valiantly, for it is he who will tread down our adversaries.