9/20/12

Sept. 20 Psalms 86-88


Sept. 20
Psalms 86-88

Psa 86:1 Hear, Yahweh, and answer me, for I am poor and needy.
Psa 86:2 Preserve my soul, for I am godly. You, my God, save your servant who trusts in you.
Psa 86:3 Be merciful to me, Lord, for I call to you all day long.
Psa 86:4 Bring joy to the soul of your servant, for to you, Lord, do I lift up my soul.
Psa 86:5 For you, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive; abundant in loving kindness to all those who call on you.
Psa 86:6 Hear, Yahweh, my prayer. Listen to the voice of my petitions.
Psa 86:7 In the day of my trouble I will call on you, for you will answer me.
Psa 86:8 There is no one like you among the gods, Lord, nor any deeds like your deeds.
Psa 86:9 All nations you have made will come and worship before you, Lord. They shall glorify your name.
Psa 86:10 For you are great, and do wondrous things. You are God alone.
Psa 86:11 Teach me your way, Yahweh. I will walk in your truth. Make my heart undivided to fear your name.
Psa 86:12 I will praise you, Lord my God, with my whole heart. I will glorify your name forevermore.
Psa 86:13 For your loving kindness is great toward me. You have delivered my soul from the lowest Sheol.
Psa 86:14 God, the proud have risen up against me. A company of violent men have sought after my soul, and they don't hold regard for you before them.
Psa 86:15 But you, Lord, are a merciful and gracious God, slow to anger, and abundant in loving kindness and truth.
Psa 86:16 Turn to me, and have mercy on me! Give your strength to your servant. Save the son of your handmaid.
Psa 86:17 Show me a sign of your goodness, that those who hate me may see it, and be shamed, because you, Yahweh, have helped me, and comforted me.
Psa 87:1 His foundation is in the holy mountains.
Psa 87:2 Yahweh loves the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob.
Psa 87:3 Glorious things are spoken about you, city of God. Selah.
Psa 87:4 I will record Rahab and Babylon among those who acknowledge me. Behold, Philistia, Tyre, and also Ethiopia: "This one was born there."
Psa 87:5 Yes, of Zion it will be said, "This one and that one was born in her;" the Most High himself will establish her.
Psa 87:6 Yahweh will count, when he writes up the peoples, "This one was born there." Selah.
Psa 87:7 Those who sing as well as those who dance say, "All my springs are in you."

Psa 88:1 Yahweh, the God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before you.
Psa 88:2 Let my prayer enter into your presence. Turn your ear to my cry.
Psa 88:3 For my soul is full of troubles. My life draws near to Sheol.
Psa 88:4 I am counted among those who go down into the pit. I am like a man who has no help,
Psa 88:5 set apart among the dead, like the slain who lie in the grave, whom you remember no more. They are cut off from your hand.
Psa 88:6 You have laid me in the lowest pit, in the darkest depths.
Psa 88:7 Your wrath lies heavily on me. You have afflicted me with all your waves. Selah.
Psa 88:8 You have taken my friends from me. You have made me an abomination to them. I am confined, and I can't escape.
Psa 88:9 My eyes are dim from grief. I have called on you daily, Yahweh. I have spread out my hands to you.
Psa 88:10 Do you show wonders to the dead? Do the dead rise up and praise you? Selah.
Psa 88:11 Is your loving kindness declared in the grave? Or your faithfulness in Destruction?
Psa 88:12 Are your wonders made known in the dark? Or your righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?
Psa 88:13 But to you, Yahweh, I have cried. In the morning, my prayer comes before you.
Psa 88:14 Yahweh, why do you reject my soul? Why do you hide your face from me?
Psa 88:15 I am afflicted and ready to die from my youth up. While I suffer your terrors, I am distracted.
Psa 88:16 Your fierce wrath has gone over me. Your terrors have cut me off.
Psa 88:17 They came around me like water all day long. They completely engulfed me.
Psa 88:18 You have put lover and friend far from me, and my friends into darkness.