9/8/12

Viva the mystery


Genesis, chapter 2
 20 The man gave names to all livestock, and to the birds of the sky, and to every animal of the field; but for man there was not found a helper suitable for him.  21 Yahweh God caused a deep sleep to fall on the man, and he slept; and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place.  22 He made the rib, which Yahweh God had taken from the man, into a woman, and brought her to the man. 23 The man said, “This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh. She will be called ‘woman,’ because she was taken out of Man.”  24 Therefore a man will leave his father and his mother, and will join with his wife, and they will be one flesh.

I do not understand how two radically different beings like a man and a woman can love each other.  But, there it is, a bond that defies a complete description (Although, the picture goes a long way in that direction).  Somehow, the differences between the sexes bind them together.  Again, I am at a loss to explain it.  I guess the best answer is found in verses 21 to 23 above.  Since the two were originally one, joining back together as one completes the true nature of what humans are supposed to be.  But, I am not kidding myself, because even though I may sound knowledgeable, I am only guessing.  I feel I can safely say that no man fully understands his feminine counterpart.  And I am glad; I love a good mystery!!!