9/3/12

Without Words...






Last night we had a very enthusiastic study from the 8th chapter of Romans (the word spirited really is what came to my mind, but its a bad play on words).  I was having neck problems last night and simply could not sleep, so I had plenty of time to think.  And so this passage necessarily came to mind when I saw this picture among my collection today..

Romans, Chapter 8
 25 But if we hope for that which we don’t see, we wait for it with patience.  26 In the same way, the Spirit also helps our weaknesses, for we don’t know how to pray as we ought. But the Spirit himself makes intercession for us with groanings which can’t be uttered.  27 He who searches the hearts knows what is on the Spirit’s mind, because he makes intercession for the saints according to God.

I wonder, does genuine prayer always have to follow a format?  Often, I find myself praying about a variety of matters, with no apparent theme.  Again, I wonder... is this right or maybe even good?  At times, thoughts and problems are just below the conscious level and sometimes I notice that my no format really does have a format after all.  It has occurred to me that God loves both our conscious and subconscious minds and that the true essence of a person is a combination of both.  Perhaps this is what verse 27 is really about?  Its great to have a planned prayer life, but a wide open one is has its place to.  Some day I am sure God will tell me the full answer, but for today, I will pray with both my mind and my heart.  Who knows what will happen? Answer: God!!!