10/30/12

The Bible, ice cubes and coffee


I had almost forgotten about this picture as its been part of my collection for some time now.  But, when I saw it, I was reminded of my own kitchen, where, sitting on my drainboard are two of these trays.  Sunday mornings, we go to a local donut shop; I get an extra large coffee and she an iced coffee of the same size.  Frankly, I don't know how she drinks that stuff, because after awhile it tastes like water- and that doesn't take long in Florida temperatures!!!  So, here is a solution for her!!  This reminded me of the Bible and its admonitions not to change its truth.  Here are but a few of them...

Deuteronomy, Chapter 4
  1 Now, Israel, listen to the statutes and to the ordinances, which I teach you, to do them; that you may live, and go in and possess the land which Yahweh, the God of your fathers, gives you.  2 You shall not add to the word which I command you, neither shall you diminish from it, that you may keep the commandments of Yahweh your God which I command you.

Proverbs, chapter 30
 5 “Every word of God is flawless.
He is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

  6 Don’t you add to his words,
lest he reprove you, and you be found a liar.

2 John
9 Whoever transgresses and doesn’t remain in the teaching of Christ, doesn’t have God. He who remains in the teaching, the same has both the Father and the Son.

Revelation, Chapter 22
18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book, if anyone adds to them, may God add to him the plagues which are written in this book.  19 If anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, may God take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.   

Who has the right to change what God has said?  The answer is that no one has that right because no one is HIS EQUAL!!!  Yet, there are those out there who would make their creeds and man-made doctrines "equal".  Dangerous, very dangerous, and the consequences of such actions will be eternal!!!  The solution is simple... keep your "solution" unadulterated.  Truth and coffee should both be kept pure.  As far as coffee goes, these trays are a great idea and for truth... STICK TO THE BOOK AND FORGET HUMAN ADDITIONS!!!!!