10/12/12

Young at heart and a word of thankfulness on your lips...




First, let me say THANK YOU to God for bringing my wife, Linda, safely through surgery.  From all indications, she is going to be OK in awhile.  I say awhile, because it is going to take some time to heal; but the outcome should be a good one.  Also, thanks to all of you for your prayers and especially to Miriam Brown at Florida hospital, Tampa. While I'm at it, thanks to Rebecca for the wonderful flowers and to her husband Mike for making her laugh (because after all, laughter IS THE BEST MEDICINE).  This picture reminded me of someone with a really good attitude and the ring-tone I downloaded to my cellphone during the long wait at the hospital.  Here are the lyrics of the song I am referring to...

I Just Want To Celebrate lyrics
Songwriters: King, H; Shayne, S;

I just want to celebrate another day of livin'
I just want to celebrate another day of life
I put my faith in the people
But the people let me down
So I turned the other way
And I carry on, anyhow
That's why I'm telling you

I just want to celebrate, yeah, yeah

I just want to celebrate, yeah, yeah
Another day of living,
I just want to celebrate another day of life

Had my hand on the dollar bill

And the dollar bill blew away
But the sun is shining down on me
And it's here to stay
That's why I'm telling you

I just want to celebrate, yeah, yeah

Another day of living, yeah
I just want to celebrate another day of living
I just want to celebrate another day of life

Don't let it all get you down,

Don't let it turn you around and around
And around and around

Well, I can't be bothered with sorrow

And I can't be bothered with hate, no, no
I'm using up my time by feeling fine, every day
That's why I'm telling you I just want to celebrate
Aw, yeah
I just want to celebrate yeah yeah
Another day of living, yeah yeah
I just want to celebrate another day of livin', yeah
I just want to celebrate another day of life

Don't let it all get you down, no, no

Don't let it turn you around and around,
And around and around, and around
Around round round
'round and around round round round
don't go 'round

I always enjoy hearing this song, but now that I see the lyrics, I marvel at the grammar!!!  But the song is worth listening to and here is a link to a live performance... 



In a strange way, all this business of disease and surgery made me remember to be thankful... and that of course let me to this passage of Scripture...

Luke, Chapter 17
 11 It happened as he was on his way to Jerusalem, that he was passing along the borders of Samaria and Galilee.  12 As he entered into a certain village, ten men who were lepers met him, who stood at a distance. 13 They lifted up their voices, saying, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!”

  14 When he saw them, he said to them, "“Go and show yourselves to the priests.”" It happened that as they went, they were cleansed.  15 One of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, glorifying God with a loud voice.  16 He fell on his face at Jesus’ feet, giving him thanks; and he was a Samaritan.  17 Jesus answered, "“Weren’t the ten cleansed? But where are the nine?  18 Were there none found who returned to give glory to God, except this stranger?”"  19 Then he said to him, "“Get up, and go your way. Your faith has healed you.”"

Be as young in heart as you dare to be (check out the motorcycle above) and be thankful to God for all HE has done for you.  Enough said; just practice!!!!