11/19/12

From dismal to delightful, in but a moment


Its cold in Florida today and the skies are overcast; it is a dismal day outside.  Somehow, it does even feel like I am in Florida.  When I noticed this picture, it cheered me up a bit as the sky has warm written all over it!!!  I can almost imagine standing on that outcropping of rock waiting for the wave to break over me and relieve my overheated body.  Simply wonderful to think of such things on such a dreary day!!!  Earth can be such a lovely place to live, but I know even the most pleasant day (or season, or eon for that matter) will pass into but a memory one day.  Will nothing endure?  But, wait, something will...

Mark, Chapter 13
 31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

 As beautiful as this existence can be, there is something even more wonderful awaiting those who have followed the words of Jesus- heaven.  Heaven, a place of beauty and harmony and fellowship with the faithful and with GOD!!!  Just the thought of it brings a smile to my face.  And even though it is not pleasant outside; inside there is warmth and comfort and hope.  Maybe I will just go put some shorts on; I think things are going to be better from now on...