12/25/12

Being uplifted...




Click on the link to view
 
It was Sunday evening and we just finished a class on Romans (chapter 15) and after a pleasant discussion with some of the brethren, I started my drive home.  When I turned on the radio, I heard the theme song to "The Greatest American Hero" and instantly was reminded of this TV show.  Funny thing, somehow I felt like I myself was flying as for a brief moment I was as light as a feather.  It was the identical feeling I get when I read the following passage...

Isaiah, Chapter 40
 28 Haven’t you known?
Haven’t you heard?
The everlasting God, Yahweh,
The Creator of the ends of the earth, doesn’t faint.
He isn’t weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.
  29 He gives power to the weak.
He increases the strength of him who has no might.
  30 Even the youths faint and get weary,
and the young men utterly fall;
  31 But those who wait for Yahweh will renew their strength.
They will mount up with wings like eagles.
They will run, and not be weary.
They will walk, and not faint.

I still can't explain it; probably has something to do with attitude, but its really just about the FEELING!!!  Funny how two things that are so different can evoke the same emotion.  Well, I blew it; I probably should have included John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High" song as well.  If I think long enough about it, there will probably be a long list...  God bless... bye!!!