12/22/12

Bend me, fold me, anyway you want to, as long as you love me, its alright


Made of paper???  I can't even begin to understand the level of manual dexterity it must take to do such a thing!!!  For a moment I thought: perhaps its just me, because I really don't have such talents--but no--this is just plain difficult!!!  Whoever did this should be given the highest praise possible because it is simply wonderful!!!  Open your eyes and look around; the world we live in is a marvellous place, full of intricate complexity and untold beauty.  Then consider this passage from the old testament...

Psalm 148
  1 Praise Yah!
Praise Yahweh from the heavens!
Praise him in the heights!
  2 Praise him, all his angels!
Praise him, all his army!
  3 Praise him, sun and moon!
Praise him, all you shining stars!
  4 Praise him, you heavens of heavens,
You waters that are above the heavens.
  5 Let them praise Yahweh’s name,
For he commanded, and they were created.
  6 He has also established them forever and ever.
He has made a decree which will not pass away.
  7 Praise Yahweh from the earth,
you great sea creatures, and all depths!
  8 Lightning and hail, snow and clouds;
stormy wind, fulfilling his word;
  9 mountains and all hills;
fruit trees and all cedars;
  10 wild animals and all livestock;
small creatures and flying birds;
  11 kings of the earth and all peoples;
princes and all judges of the earth;
  12 both young men and maidens;
old men and children:
  13 let them praise Yahweh’s name,
for his name alone is exalted.
His glory is above the earth and the heavens.

 As this beautiful paper bird had a creator, so does all the world we can perceive. Just as I marvel at the ability of the paper folder, so we all should but wonder at the ability of the God who made our entire cosmos.  I haven't quite figure out how he "folded" the clouds yet, but I AM working on it!!!  In the meantime, all I can do is be thankful; which is the point of the Psalm, isn't it???