12/12/12

Growing and growing can be a good thing


We studied Romans Chapter 14 this past Lord's day and discussed how each of us affects each other.  Someone referred to the concept that "no man is an island" and that is exactly how I feel when I view this picture.  Things we say or do in fact do affect others and they in turn affect others as well.  I prefer to be influenced by godly people and so attending church becomes a very positive experience.  Scripture puts it this way...


Proverbs 27
  17 Iron sharpens iron;
so a man sharpens his friend’s countenance.

and

3 John
13 I had many things to write to you, but I am unwilling to write to you with ink and pen;  14 but I hope to see you soon, and we will speak face to face. Peace be to you. The friends greet you. Greet the friends by name.
 
Over time, you become who you let influence you.  Be careful to choose your friends wisely and your life will be more positive.  Oh, yes, being a friend influences others to be friendly, so you can change others as well!!!