12/26/12

Pecipice


I can even begin to understand what this person might be feeling at this exact instant!!!  Terror, dread, foreboding, fear, and worry might be a start, but then again, its not MY EYE THIS BEE IS ON!!!  I think this person knows what is going to happen and is just waiting.  Reminds me of Jesus in the garden...

Luke, Chapter 22
  39  He came out, and went, as his custom was, to the Mount of Olives. His disciples also followed him.  40 When he was at the place, he said to them, “Pray that you don’t enter into temptation.” 

  41  He was withdrawn from them about a stone’s throw, and he knelt down and prayed,  42 saying, “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.” 

  43  An angel from heaven appeared to him, strengthening him.  44 Being in agony he prayed more earnestly. His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down on the ground. 

  45  When he rose up from his prayer, he came to the disciples, and found them sleeping because of grief,  46
 and said to them, “Why do you sleep? Rise and pray that you may not enter into temptation.” 

  47  While he was still speaking, behold, a multitude, and he who was called Judas, one of the twelve, was leading them. He came near to Jesus to kiss him.

 The emotional stress upon Jesus must have been intense.  Imagine knowing exactly what was going to happen to you and still be willing to follow the course God had designed anyway?  Personally, I don't think I could be as strong as Jesus; I would be running from there as fast as my legs could carry me!!! May God grant us the strength to be everything HE wants us to be!!!