1/26/13

The new; "what you know"


I have made thousands upon thousands of sandwiches, but it never even entered into my mind to do this.  Most of the time, I place one piece of mean on top of the other and that leaves openings at the edges.  Recently, my sandwiches have changed from regular "cold cuts" to those whose ingredients include turkey and after seeing this, its probably time to make another change.  I always thought life would get boring as I aged; boy was I wrong!!!  I never dreamed I would still be learning things in retirement!!!  God is surprising me every day!!!!  Somehow these verses from the book of 1 Corinthians makes more sense than ever now...

1 Corinthians, Chapter 2
 6 We speak wisdom, however, among those who are full grown; yet a wisdom not of this world, nor of the rulers of this world, who are coming to nothing.  7 But we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, the wisdom that has been hidden, which God foreordained before the worlds for our glory,  8 which none of the rulers of this world has known. For had they known it, they wouldn’t have crucified the Lord of glory. 

9 But as it is written, 
“Things which an eye didn’t see, and an ear didn’t hear,which didn’t enter into the heart of man,these God has prepared for those who love him.”

 This blog began by a realizing a simple fact: God can be seen all around us, if we but look!!!  Things like marvellous sunsets, rainbows, the tender loving smiles of infants and the devotion of a dog can help us to realize how much God loves us.  However, there are lessons to be learned from the unpleasant things in life as well.  Things we would rather forget; things that really hurt.  Throughout the good and the bad, God is there, teaching us, helping us and moulding us over time.  Look, keep looking... and then, open your Bible!!!  God will show you even more wonderful things than you can imagine!!!!  If something can be learned from the humble baloney sandwich, then, anything is possible!!!