2/13/13

Rain, wind and promises


Somehow this picture is linked in my mind to an old song I remember: "baby, the rain must fall" by Glenn Yarbrough. I could not remember all the words to it, so I looked it up...
Some men climb a mountain
Some men swim the sea
Some men fly above the sky
They are what they must be.

But, Baby the rain must fall
Baby the wind must blow
Wherever my heart leads me
Baby I must go
Baby I must go.

I do not love for silver
I do not love for gold
My heart is mine to give away
It never will be sold.

So, Baby the rain must fall
Baby the wind must blow
Wherever my heart leads me
Baby I must go
Baby I must go.

I am not rich or famous
But who can ever tell
I don't know now what waits for me
Maybe heaven, maybe hell.

Baby the rain must fall
Baby the wind must blow
Wherever my heart leads me
Baby I must go
Baby I must go.

To me, he has a particularly haunting voice, so click on this link to hear him sing the song:  Baby, The Rain Must fall!!! and see if you agree with me.  For me, putting the picture and the link together says that the future may bring good or evil, but I must be what I can be and not worry about the outcome.  Face it, rain will come into all our lives, but even when times are the toughest, if we have faith and believe the promises of God, we can KNOW things will eventually be all right!!!  These things bring to mind this passage from the Gospel of John...

John, Chapter 14
  1  “Don’t let your heart be troubled. Believe in God. Believe also in me.   2  In my Father’s house are many homes. If it weren’t so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you.   3  If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will receive you to myself; that where I am, you may be there also.   4  Where I go, you know, and you know the way.” 

  5  Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going. How can we know the way?” 

  6  Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.
Today it is bright and sunny here in Florida, but I know that in a few months hurricane season will be here and who knows what will happen then.  But, when I think of John 14, I remember to trust in God more.  If even Charlie Brown can sound wise by quoting Genesis, then there is hope for everyone who has the words of the Scriptures embedded on their hearts... After all, Jesus didn't say the words of John 14:6 for nothing!!!  So, let it rain, blow, whatever, I will let the Bible be my guide and do my best to remember every one of the promises of God!!!

This post is dedicated to our beloved minister Larry Shatzer!!!