2/26/13

Sight, sound, memory and wisdom- the stuff of wonder


Every single day we learn something new; whether or not we even realize it.  When I started to read the text of the picture, I was reminded of the song.  But that is all I remembered... until I looked it up on the net...


I knew it was from a long time ago, but 1982?  Where does the time go?  But, I still remembered something of the song, so I guess that I should be happy.  It is strange, but sometimes I forget what I did yesterday, but 30 or even 40 years ago is as clear as a bell.  It's true that the things we learn as a child stay with us and instruct us ALL OF OUR LIVES!!!  Listen to the words of Solomon and remember...

Proverbs, Chapter 4

 1 Listen, sons, to a father’s instruction.
Pay attention and know understanding;
  2 for I give you sound learning.
Don’t forsake my law.
  3 For I was a son to my father,
tender and an only child in the sight of my mother.
  4 He taught me, and said to me:
“Let your heart retain my words.
Keep my commandments, and live.
  5 Get wisdom.
Get understanding.
Don’t forget, neither swerve from the words of my mouth.
  6 Don’t forsake her, and she will preserve you.
Love her, and she will keep you.
  7 Wisdom is supreme.
Get wisdom.
Yes, though it costs all your possessions, get understanding.
  8 Esteem her, and she will exalt you.
She will bring you to honor, when you embrace her.
  9 She will give to your head a garland of grace.
She will deliver a crown of splendor to you.”


Wisdom is in direction proportion to its source.  If your "wisdom" is from someone foolish, guess what you become?  But, if you have chosen someone wise to learn from, what then?  I have known literally thousands of people in my life and learned from them all; I have read many books (I have no idea how many, actually) but there is only one that stands out- The Bible.  May your source of Wisdom be the Scriptures and may God give you the blessing of being able to remember what you have been taught.  And when it comes back to your memory as you progress in years, you will rejoice that you made the right choice in deciding to listen to God.  And that is better than any song that might pop into your thoughts!!!!