3/5/13

From Gary... Life on display


I have seen quite a number of "glass houses", but never one like this!!!  Can you imagine living in such a thing?  Where everyone can see exactly what you are doing-all the time.  But, it a way, we already do.  God sees every single thing we not only do, but say, think or feel.  He knows things about us that even we do not understand.  And the world around us knows more than you think to!!! Last night I went to weight watchers (59.8 lbs. so far) and we were talking to a friend of the family there named Sue.  When I said that I was doing some walking around the complex; she piped in to say she already knew about it--People had told her!!!  So, we don't operate in a vacuum, the world knows who you are and what you do!!!  A couple of portions of Scripture came to my mind...

Matthew, Chapter 5
 14  You are the light of the world. A city located on a hill can’t be hidden.   15 Neither do you light a lamp, and put it under a measuring basket, but on a stand; and it shines to all who are in the house.   16 Even so, let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven. 

Philippians, Chapter 2
  12  So then, my beloved, even as you have always obeyed, not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.  13 For it is God who works in you both to will and to work, for his good pleasure.  14 Do all things without murmurings and disputes,  15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without defect in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you are seen as lights in the world, 16 holding up the word of life; that I may have something to boast in the day of Christ, that I didn’t run in vain nor labor in vain.

Like I said at the beginning, I have seen "glass houses" before, just not elevated ones.  Humm, I guess this describes what being a genuine Christian must be like!!!  Only one thing bothers me though-- Where is the toilet?????