3/25/13

From Gary... WHAT SHALL I RENDER ?



WHAT SHALL I RENDER ?

Bible Reading: Psalm 116:1-12

 Song: All to Jesus, I surrender



I. INTRODUCTION

A. Good jobs in Jersey: Pay and BENEFITS from GOD!! 
     benefits Psalm 116

B. Good question from Hezekiah: 
    What shall I render to the Lord?

C. Good answer ... verses 12-19 (1 ff.)



II. BODY


A. A SACRIFICE OF THANKSGIVING 13, 17

1. A concept of worship: SALVATION + PRAISE

2. A cup of thanksgiving = Isaiah 36-37 RUNNING OVER 
    (Psa. 23)

3. A compliant heart = the tenth leper, a humbled king 
    and YOU ? !


B. A SACRIFICE OF MEANS 14, 18

1. An attitude toward giving: " I shall pay"

2. An attitude of responsibility : "my"

3. An attitude of dedication: "vows"

4. An attitude of communion: "presence"

5. An attitude expressed in each of our coins.

C. A SACRIFICE OF LIFE 15, 16

1. A trust that I am special to God: "precious"

2. A trust that God cares : "in the sight of the Lord"

3. A trust revealed in personal commitment: "servant"

4. A trust proven to me: "loosed my bonds"


III. CONCLUSION


A. THE QUESTION... "WHAT SHALL I RENDER TO THE 
                                     LORD....

B THE ANSWER..... SONG # 649 "WHAT HAS THOU 
                                                        GIVEN FOR ME??

C. THE ONLY POSSIBLE ANSWER IS YOURSELF!!
     Psalm 116:1