3/15/13

From Gary... your BEST BEHAVIOR


I remember being told as a child "Gary, be on your best behavior today"!  I couldn't tell you how often it was, or how old I was, or even one of the circumstances, but I remember being told.  Inwardly, we all know right from wrong; it is something inborn.  But, just knowing isn't enough- we have to act on it!!!  Dr. Seuss' message somehow sticks with me, I guess because its cute, but who knows exactly why we retain some things and forget others?  Speaking of that... all this made me think of Romans chapter 2; it, like the picture- just seemed to fit....

Romans, Chapter 2

  10  But glory, honor, and peace go to every man who works good, to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.  11 For there is no partiality with God.  12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without the law. As many as have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.  13 For it isn’t the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be justified  14 (for when Gentiles who don’t have the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are a law to themselves,  15 in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying with them, and their thoughts among themselves accusing or else excusing them)  16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men, according to my Good News, by Jesus Christ. 


Be good, do good, love THE GOOD!!!  Which of course will lead to THE ABSOLUTE GOOD!!!  Remember the scripture from the post I did yesterday...?



Luke, Chapter 18

 18  A certain ruler asked him, saying, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 

  19  Jesus asked him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good, except one—God. 



So, it follows, that if you want to be your very best, follow the best- and that means the ways of God.  Honestly, some days I am very good and other days- not so much.  But God shows the way every day and provides the answers to my problems.  His word is..

Psalm 119
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet,
and a light for my path.

Have problems always doing what is right?  Pay attention to Dr. Seuss, but do the absolute GOOD found in the Scriptures.  God will lead you, the question is: Will you follow?