4/22/13

From Gary.... What makes a cloudy day...







This morning, I walked up to the clubhouse to see the property managers about something and when I started back, I thought I would take a few pictures.  The sky is overcast and once in awhile there is an occasional raindrop, but otherwise it is a pleasantly cool day.  You can see from the pictures that this is what I would consider to be a "nice" 55+ retirement community; with a pool, shuffleboard court and cookout area (with horseshoe pits).  When we (Dorothy's dog, Buddy was with me) arrived at home, I thought to take a picture of the flowers Linda is growing.  All the other pictures are nice, but there is nothing like home to perk up a dreary day.  Still, something was missing... can you guess what it is from the following verses?

2 Timothy, Chapter 1

 1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, according to the promise of the life which is in Christ Jesus,  2 to Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. 

  3  I thank God, whom I serve as my forefathers did, with a pure conscience. How unceasing is my memory of you in my petitions, night and day  4 longing to see you, remembering your tears, that I may be filled with joy;  5 having been reminded of the sincere faith that is in you; which lived first in your grandmother Lois, and your mother Eunice, and, I am persuaded, in you also. 


If you guessed that I missed someone- you were right!!! I miss my two oldest girls and their families in New Jersey.  Now, that is what makes a cloudy day!!!