4/6/13

Prayers, Buddy and a smile from God


"Buddy"




Today, I awoke as usual, but before I could have my coffee, the phone rang.  At the other end was a relative worried about my sister-in-law, so I woke my Linda up and we hurried over there to help.  Turns out that she was taken to the hospital for something serious.  So, we took her dog "Buddy" home with us.  Now, Buddy is no stranger here, he has visited many times, but today is different; its just the two of us.  He sticks to me like glue - where I go; so does HE.  I think I am getting more out of this than he is, but, WHO KNOWS???  Anyway, today I am asking for prayers for his owner, Dorothy.  She needs it badly!!! Speaking of prayer, this passage from James came to mind... 

James, Chapter 5
 13  Is any among you suffering? Let him pray. Is any cheerful? Let him sing praises.  14 Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the assembly, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord,  15 and the prayer of faith will heal him who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. If he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.  16 Confess your offenses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The insistent prayer of a righteous person is powerfully effective.  17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain, and it didn’t rain on the earth for three years and six months.  18 He prayed again, and the sky gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit. 

Prayer matters, because it works.  God listens and helps.  I have seen it over and over again.  I really don't understand how God will handle this situation, but I know from past experience that some good will come of it.   I know that you don't know Dorothy, but she is one of the kindest people you will ever meet.  Please pray for her!!!  And don't forget Buddy, its obvious that he misses her!!!  Somewhere, God must be smiling!!!!