6/30/13

From Bill and Laura Dayton... Today


Today

Today is here. I will start with a smile, and resolve to be agreeable. I will not criticize. I refuse to waste my valuable time. Today has one thing in which I know I am equal with others--time. All of us draw the same salary in seconds, minutes, and hours. Today I will not waste my time, because the minutes I wasted yesterday are as lost as a vanished thought. Today I refuse to spend time worrying about what might happen. I am going to spend my time making things happen. Today I am determined to do things I should do. I firmly determine to stop doing the things I should not do. Today I begin by doing, and not wasting my time. In one week I will be miles beyond the person I am today. Today I will not imagine what I would do if things were different. They are not different. I will make success with what material I have. Today I will stop saying, "If I had time," for I will never "find time" for anything--if I want it, I must make it. Today I will act towards other people as though this might be my last day on Earth. I will not wait for tomorrow. Tomorrow never comes.

Dear friends, today is here. We are not promised any more time beyond this present moment. My next breath could be my last, and such is the case with you also. Seize today--for the Lord!


"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble" (Matt. 6:33,34).


This is today. What will you make of it?