6/4/13

From Gary... Trust



As I was doing a little research for today's post, I came across this video, touting the wonders of this new (in 2004) plane.  For some reason, I was reminded of a former co-worker, a chemist named Laurin Linder.  Well over a decade ago, I was informed that I had a massive growth in my chest and expressed my concern about whether I would live or not to Laurin.  He told me NOT TO WORRY ABOUT IT- That God had everything in control.  Then he quoted Psalm 20:7 to me.  I never forgot that quote; you see, I had been trying to get through the situation on my own and he saw right through me.  I needed this... some of you might too....

Psalms, Chapter 20
 1  May Yahweh answer you in the day of trouble.

May the name of the God of Jacob set you up on high,
  2 send you help from the sanctuary,
grant you support from Zion,
  3 remember all your offerings,
and accept your burnt sacrifice.
Selah.
  4 May He grant you your heart’s desire,
and fulfill all your counsel.
  5 We will triumph in your salvation.
In the name of our God, we will set up our banners.
May Yahweh grant all your requests.
  6 Now I know that Yahweh saves his anointed.
He will answer him from his holy heaven,
with the saving strength of his right hand.
  7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses,
but we trust the name of Yahweh our God.
  8 They are bowed down and fallen,
but we rise up, and stand upright.
  9 Save, Yahweh!
Let the King answer us when we call!


We need to remember who the true God is and in whom we should really place our trust.  I encourage you to look at our money- it still says "IN GOD WE TRUST".  All of us need to practice what it preaches (including those in authority over us) and remember where the genuine power is- 

7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses,

but we trust the name of Yahweh our God.