7/31/13

From Jim McGuiggan... WHAT JESUS DIDN'T DO

WHAT JESUS DIDN'T DO

He didn’t plead God into a good mood
He didn’t bribe God into being gracious and kind
He didn’t purchase grace from God for man
He didn’t come to wring his hands and commiserate
He didn’t come with a “I suppose I must” attitude
He didn’t come with a “hope I can do something” spirit
He didn’t come with a “if this isn’t working I'll walk away” spirit
He didn’t come to signal God “had become nicer than he used to be”
He didn’t come to say God had changed his purpose toward humanity
He didn’t come to be conquered by the evil powers
He didn’t come to condemn the world
He didn’t stay dead
He didn’t come to turn us into “lotus eaters”

©2004 Jim McGuiggan. All materials are free to be copied and used as long as money is not being made.

Many thanks to brother Ed Healy, for allowing me to post from his website, the abiding word.com.