8/21/13

From Gary... Bad day, good day, better day




Yesterday was a "bad" day.  I hurt; only the chiropractors at (Healthsource in Wesley Chapel, Florida) helped.  I am VERY THANKFUL!!!   It is one thing to do your job, it quite another to really care- and they do.  Today, I slept late (probably needed it) and so here it is- almost 1pm and I am just getting around to doing my posting for the day!!! But, earlier, this morning I took the dogs for their separate walks.  Pal first.  When we went to the dog-walk, we encountered a cow with one long and one short horn and a young ruddy colored bull.  The cow ignored us, but the bull was curious.  He came right up to the fence and licked my hand on two separate occasions, but after Pal barked at him he ran away. Then on the way home, I stopped to talk with a neighbor about his bus trip out west to the national parks- sounded like a very enjoyable two weeks.  Then it was Buddy's turn.  We walked up to route 98 (where he does his business) and I took a couple of pictures. Nice sign!  And somehow even the bugs buzzing around at the front of it seemed friendly.  What a difference a day makes!!!  Not only did I feel a little better, but somehow the world seemed nicer.  Then I remembered Neil McKensie from Degussa; and his favorite verse (emboldened below)....

Psalm 30

 1  I will extol you, Yahweh, for you have raised me up,
and have not made my foes to rejoice over me.
  2 Yahweh my God, I cried to you,
and you have healed me.
  3 Yahweh, you have brought up my soul from Sheol.
You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
  4 Sing praise to Yahweh, you saints of his.
Give thanks to his holy name.
  5 For his anger is but for a moment.
His favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may stay for the night,
but joy comes in the morning.


It occurred to me that sickness and the anger of God have something in common.  Both may be of a fleeting nature.  If you are feeling not up-to-Par today, rejoice, you probably will feel better tomorrow!!!  And if you need to change some things in your life; go ahead, do it. God will forgive and tomorrow will probably be full of joy.  If today is better than yesterday (and it IS), I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring!!!  Hope you can say the same!!!!