9/4/13

From Gary... Just enough




"DEAD END"; now these are words that echo of finality. No where to go, end of the line, bought the farm, time for a sod nap, time to feed the worms... and such terms are depressing.  Yet, the name of the road is hope and where there is hope, possibilities exist.  Solomon put it this way...

Ecclesiastes, Chapter 9
 4 For to him who is joined with all the living there is hope; for a living dog is better than a dead lion.   

And dogs in the Middle East are accounted as nothing, to even be eaten when necessary.  But for those of us who look beyond this life, we do so in hope.  Not that we are anything special!!!  We are not!!! As I review my life, I am forced to realize that I have "just enough". Just enough strength to get through the day, just enough intelligence to realize I will never be brilliant, and just enough love to want more and more and more.  However, "just enough" is just that - ENOUGH!!! God has given this life to me and the promise of one beyond what I can see.  Even when I take that last journey down Hope Valley Road and reach my last DEAD END, I have confidence that I will see Jesus.  At that time and in that place, I will have "just enough" as long as I have him.  Peter puts it this way...

1 Peter, Chapter 1
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the chosen ones who are living as foreigners in the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,  2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, that you may obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with his blood: Grace to you and peace be multiplied.  3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy became our father again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,  4 to an incorruptible and undefiled inheritance that doesn’t fade away, reserved in Heaven for you,  5 who by the power of God are guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.  6 Wherein you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been put to grief in various trials,  7 that the proof of your faith, which is more precious than gold that perishes even though it is tested by fire, may be found to result in praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ—  8 whom not having known you love; in whom, though now you don’t see him, yet believing, you rejoice greatly with joy unspeakable and full of glory—  9 receiving the result of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 

On my own, I lack what it takes to get to heaven.  But, through the sacrifice of Jesus, I have "just enough" to live forever.  This is worth sharing and the real reason why I write my blog.  

1 Peter, Chapter 3
 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts; and always be ready to give an answer to everyone who asks you a reason concerning the hope that is in you, with humility and fear:

Any questions?