10/20/13

From Gary... Canines, humans, love... a gentle reminder


Today, I would like to start off with a note of THANKS!!!  Thanks to all those who sent me comments about yesterday's post.  Most people thank me via email or on facebook, so those who just see the website do not realize how generous so many people are with their comments.  I appreciate all of you who give me encouragement and that spurs me on to keep writing.  As I sit in front of the computer, my dog, Pal, is laying at my feet (or rather on my foot).  I don't know why he has to do this, perhaps it is something about touching, but hey, that is just a guess.  My other poodle, Buddy, always seems to lay down about two feet away.  If I get up and go to another room, they follow and resume their designated positions.  Is it their way of expressing love. Who knows??  Whatever their motivation, their actions speak volumes about their heart.  Which reminds me of this very famous verse from the book of first Corinthians...

1 Corinthians, Chapter 13
13 But now faith, hope, and love remain—these three. The greatest of these is love. 


Those who care about you make every effort to be close to you.  This applies to human beings as well as dogs.  Its just that dogs don't talk- and I miss my wife Linda, who is so very far away in central New Jersey!!!  For now, I will have to be content with my dogs; hopefully Linda will return home in a week or so.  In the meantime, they do make life a little-less-lonely!!!  Do yourself a favor- tell those you really love, that you really do; and do it today!!!