10/15/13

From Gary... The Worth Of A Good Name

$ 1, 450,000.00




















Today, I went to E-Bay and for fun type in "Pocket Watch". Now, I usually sort the listings by lowest first; as is appropriate for my income bracket. However, today I was curious and sorted by the highest first.  Needless to say, I was "blown away" by the result.  Now, I have seen pocket watches on oldwatch.com that were three and four hundred thousand dollars and they were quite an "eye opener"!!!!  But this!!!! WOW!  Even if I won the lottery (can't, because I don't "play") I couldn't afford this.  But really, what makes this so expensive?  Then I remembered the book of Proverbs and the following verse...


Proverbs, Chapter 22

 1 A good name is more desirable than great riches,
and loving favor is better than silver and gold.

Being someone of worth is more than silver or gold; think about that one!!!!  And being loved by God is more than those things as well!  F.D.R. was someone special- remember, he is the one who started the Social Security program.  He did countless other things, among them, led us through most of WWII and the great depression.  When he died, people all across the country lined the railroad tracks to pay him homage.  So, even if the price for his personal watch seems outrageous to me, perhaps it is not for those who have the wealth to acquire such things?  I will never, ever be as wealthy, influential or famous as F.D.R., but I am loved and loved by God Almighty!!!  And so are you- that is worth more than any amount of money.  Believe it, because the Bible tells you so!!!