10/14/13

From Gary... My perfect home...


I really like this house; I could call it home in a heartbeat!!!  What first caught my eye was that veranda.  Most homes do not have these, but I wish more did; just the place for outside furniture.  And how unusual is that multi-sided entrance?  Even the brick paver’s seem well placed; someone put a lot of thought into the design of this little beauty.  This home could be a place where I would live, but where I really live is inside my own skin and that house is showing its age.  Wouldn't it be nice if I could change that abode to something more pleasing?  Well, it will happen, sooner or later as The God of heaven, will supply me with a new spiritual body and a new place to live in as well.  Jesus puts it this way...

John, Chapter 14
 1  “Don’t let your heart be troubled. Believe in God. Believe also in me.   2  In my Father’s house are many homes. If it weren’t so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you.   3  If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will receive you to myself; that where I am, you may be there also.   4  Where I go, you know, and you know the way.” 

  5  Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going. How can we know the way?” 

  6  Jesus said to him, 
“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.   7  If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on, you know him, and have seen him.”

If God were to design a home, what would it be like?  Don't know, but from what I hear, that first home for humans (the garden of Eden) was a nice place.  Perhaps, God will just read our minds and give us our hearts desire or maybe have someone like Moses or Elijah get us to fill out a "wish list" form.  I think mine would include a swimming pool out back (salt based purification, thank you) and a veranda and a heated pool for relaxation as well.  I don't know where God will put it in heaven- I guess I will just have to ask Jesus to show me the way!!! Why not????