10/1/13

From Jim McGuiggan... Matthew 8:5-7: Let's Go Heal Him!

 

Matthew 8:5-7: Let's Go Heal Him!

"When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. ‘Lord,’ he said, ‘my servant lies at home paralyzed and in terrible suffering’. Jesus said to him, 'I will go and heal him'." Matthew 8:5-7
Not, "How sad, I'll go and visit him." Not, "I’ll go an sympathise with him." Not, "I’ll go and offer my condolences...my theological explanation...my encouragement...my best wishes." No, none of that, just a plain and simple, "I'll go and heal him."
Nothing about, "Now what exactly is his disease?" Nothing about, "Get him to fill in this card about his medical condition."
No sending friends to see just what his problem was in case he was too far-gone.
A simple, "I’ll go and heal him."
No hullabaloo, no grandstanding or flamboyant behaviour.
No anxiety, no self-doubt.
A simple, open-hearted, "yes-of-course-I-will" kind of response to a kind and caring man.
An easy and an assured, "well-we’d-better-go-and-get-this-poor-man-better" sort of tone.
Now that’s power. That’s authority. That’s power and authority in someone that has complete control of his own inner world. That’s one who has an authority that under-girds his visible and public authority.
Contrast him with the jokers you see strutting the stages and filling the television screens.
No wonder we admire and respect him as well as adore him!

©2004 Jim McGuiggan. All materials are free to be copied and used as long as money is not being made.

Many thanks to brother Ed Healy, for allowing me to post from his website, the abiding word.com.