11/4/13

From Gary.... Mirror, mirror on the wall...




































I saved this "clipping" some time ago and thought I would use it today.  Why today?  Well, lately, I have been receiving a lot of compliments about the blog and frankly, I needed this to put things into perspective.  Now, I spend a few hours a day doing this work (although to some it might not SEEM that I put that much time into it) and for me, that is a substantial commitment.  The danger comes from pride in what I am doing and this humble self-description of Christianity is worth reading again and again.  In case you are wondering how the first followers of Christ felt about themselves.... here is one....

1 Corinthians, Chapter 15
  1 But, brothers, I reveal to you the gospel which I preached to you, which you also received, in which you also stand,  2 by which you also are being kept safe, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.  3 For I delivered to you in the first place what I also received, that Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures,  4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised the third day, according to the Scriptures,  5 and that He appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. 6 Then He appeared to over five hundred brothers at once, of whom the most remain until now, but some also fell asleep.  7 Then He was seen by James, then by all the apostles;  8 and last of all, even as if to one born out of time, He was also seen by me.  9 For I am the least of the apostles, who am not sufficient to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.  10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace which was toward me has not been without fruit, but I labored more abundantly than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me.  11 Then whether they or I, so we preach, and so you believed.
Christians are special- because of Christ!!!  Today's message is simple: take a few minutes to reflect on the truth of the Gospel and what that means to you.  When you (and I as well) do this the words of Paul and that little graphic at the top will be motivation to do what you can to further the cause of Jesus of Nazareth, The Christ of God!!!  Also, if you are successful in what you do, remember that it is not your accomplishment, but rather the grace of God working THROUGH YOU!!!!!