11/15/13

From Gary... Sometimes, beauty just makes you wonder


I found this picture of a sunrise in Sweden on the net and was immediately captivated by it.  It is beautiful, to be sure, but what attracted me to it was an image in made in my mind.  I could not help but think of the throne of God.  And, at the pinnacle of that large cloud in the center would be the actual throne itself, with God on the throne.  Listed below is the passage from the book of Revelation that I was thinking about...

Revelation, Chapter 22
 1 He showed me a river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb,  2 in the middle of its street. On this side of the river and on that was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruits, yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.  3 There will be no curse any more. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants serve him.  4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 There will be no night, and they need no lamp light; for the Lord God will illuminate them. They will reign forever and ever.

There simply has to be a better place than this world and heaven fills the bill.   I stood in awe when I saw this picture and realized (once again) how much I would love to be in heaven.  Just a thought from one friend to another.  My advice to all who read this is to read your Bible today and do everything and anything that God tells you to do to get there!!!  And, if possible, look at a sunset today- and marvel at the future!!!