12/17/13

From Gary... More than kisses...































Our minister, Larry Shatzer, often refers to our congregation as being small but mighty.  And for some reason (I haven't a clue WHY) I couldn't get those words out of my mind as I took my dogs for their morning walk.  And then I saw this picture.  Grandma was here; how appropriate!!!  She left behind kisses and a lot more.  So, I was reminded of one of the most famous grandmothers of all and what SHE LEFT BEHIND...

2 Timothy, Chapter 1
  1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, according to the promise of the life which is in Christ Jesus,  2 to Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. 

  3  I thank God, whom I serve as my forefathers did, with a pure conscience. How unceasing is my memory of you in my petitions, night and day  4 longing to see you, remembering your tears, that I may be filled with joy;  5 having been reminded of the sincere faith that is in you; which lived first in your grandmother Lois, and your mother Eunice, and, I am persuaded, in you also.
Timothy was a great follower of God and it is easy to see how much Paul loved him.  Why? Because he was a sensitive young man of great faith.  Timothy had problems- hey, we all do, but there was something about him; something wonderful.  His sincere faith, first lived in his grandmother and mother echoed in his life as well.  Kisses are nice, but they wash off.  Faith can endure for a lifetime and beyond.  Never underestimate a grandma, for she can (and probably does) give more than kisses.  Today, if you have a "grandma" near- kiss her back, both of you will be glad you did!!!