2/7/14

From Gary.... Incredible!!!


The movie "Star Wars" has had its effect upon our society.  Since the late 70's (1977?) there has been movie after movie, all sorts of merchandising and an influence on spirituality in our nation. Now, we understand that someone photo-shopped this photo to be humorous (and it is), but true spirituality involves caring for others.  The apostle Paul exemplifies this throughout his entire Christian life, but I like this one passage the best...

2 Corinthians, Chapter 11
26 I have been in travels often, perils of rivers, perils of robbers, perils from my countrymen, perils from the Gentiles, perils in the city, perils in the wilderness, perils in the sea, perils among false brothers;  27 in labor and travail, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, and in cold and nakedness. 

  28  Besides those things that are outside, there is that which presses on me daily, anxiety for all the assemblies.  29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is caused to stumble, and I don’t burn with indignation?  30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that concern my weakness.  31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, he who is blessed forever more, knows that I don’t lie.

Paul really cared for his fellow Christians- I mean really cared for them!!!  How this man did everything he did is beyond me, but loving others as he did along with all he went through is incredible!!!  We can't all be as spiritual as Paul, but we CAN LOVE OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS "IN CHRIST".  Good news!!! And you don't even have to be physically fit; just have a heart full of love.  Enter spirituality, level JEDI!!!!!