3/10/14

From Gary.... I wonder, I wonder...


My granddaughter, Elizabeth, sent me this picture of one of their dogs (I forget which one this is..) some time ago and I kept it because of the look of wondering on its face. Today, as I look at my computer screen and think about recent events in the Ukraine, I too, wonder. Will it lead to a war? What about all those nuclear bombers recently assembled by Russia. And those Emergency Action Messages to our ships in the area? I wonder, and wonder some more...  And then there is the prophet Habakkuk...

Habakkuk, Chapter 1
1 The oracle which Habakkuk the prophet saw.  2 Yahweh, how long will I cry, and you will not hear? I cry out to you “Violence!” and will you not save?  3 Why do you show me iniquity, and look at perversity? For destruction and violence are before me. There is strife, and contention rises up.  4 Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails; for the wicked surround the righteous; therefore justice comes out perverted. 

  5  “Look among the nations, watch, and wonder marvelously; for I am working a work in your days, which you will not believe though it is told you.

God works at both the individual and national level.  He established and removes nations. Habakkuk is the prophet - not me, so I can't tell you what is going to happen in the Ukraine.  This I do know, because I see it; the world seems to be changing very rapidly - and not for the better!!!  But, eventually, what God wants to happen, will happen.  It is not wrong to wonder and for that matter, ask God WHY THERE IS SO MUCH EVIL OUT THERE, but we must remember verse five above and have faith.  Even if the absolute worst happens, well, there is always heaven. And if you have to wonder about going there, perhaps you should use your time wisely and investigate what you have to do to get there? I wonder, I wonder - what will you DO....???