3/27/14

From Gary... The passage of time and God


This morning I had a pleasant surprise; a phone call from my good friend Harry Shepherd. The Apologetics press post I made yesterday made him think of the origin of the universe and a conversation we had about it, almost a decade ago. Imagine, thinking about a 1/2 hour conversation for ten years??? Well, time and the big bang theory seem to be inexorably linked together in my thinking- along with distance. And so we come to this picture. A view of a bus or trolley car from both the inside and outside as well (at the same time) as it speeds towards its destination.   Well, I know that time changes for me depending upon circumstances (remember as a kid, when the summers seemed to last forever, or when you are driving along and hit a patch of ice and start sssllliiidddiiinnnggg...), but what about God????


2 Peter, Chapter 3

8 But don’t forget this one thing, beloved, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.  9 The Lord is not slow concerning his promise, as some count slowness; but is patient with us, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 



When it comes to God- throw your rule book out the window; HE is just so far above us that sometimes when I try to understand everything about HIM, I get a headache!!!  Yet, this I know- verse nine above is true!!!  And am I glad that it is!!!!!!  However you understand the formation of everything, include God, because HE has included YOU among his creations. Puts a different spin on things, doesn't it???