3/4/14

From Gary... A thought for a Tuesday
































Recently, I switched back to the New American Standard Bible (for my personal study) and when I saw this picture today, I was reminded of Isaiah because 40:8, because it is a dedication verse that Lockman foundation uses when publishing their Bibles. Nice picture; the flower is fading, however and this was a good thing to see because of the association it brought to mind.  Now, obviously, I was going to list only that verse, but then I looked at the entire series of verses and thought it would contribute substantially to the idea behind it....


Isaiah, Chapter 40
 6 The voice of one saying, “Cry!” 
One said, “What shall I cry?”
“All flesh is like grass,
and all its glory is like the flower of the field.
  7 The grass withers,
the flower fades,
because Yahweh’s breath blows on it.
Surely the people are like grass.
  8 The grass withers,
the flower fades;
but the word of our God stands forever.”

The day one realizes the briefness of their life- that is a very good day!!!  I know this sounds strange, but it IS TRUE!!!  When you realize how short your stay here on Earth really is, then each day becomes more important, more worthwhile.  For me, it is codified in something I say in response to things like "How are you doing"? or "How are you feeling"?...


Every day above ground is a good day

and

Every day way above ground is a better day


But the wise person will look beyond this mere statement of positiveness and consider that which lies beyond our humanity.  Naturally, this will lead to God, and God is eternal. If you have submitted to the eternal One who rules the world and all that is in it, then you share in his eternal being through the sacrifice of Jesus.  This means that no matter WHAT HAPPENS HERE, you are all good- permanently!!!  Not a bad idea to hold onto for a Tuesday afternoon!!!

PS... In case you are wondering, I usually use The World English Bible for this blog because of copyright restrictions...