4/7/14

From Gary.... Trust


I saw this on facebook today and immediately knew I was going to put it on the blog.  Why? Well, it is both clever and useful. Then, I realized I had something even better- a memory.  About 11 or so years ago, I was headed for my second thyroid surgery and was felt quite discouraged about it. Then one of the chemists at my workplace quoted the following verse to me and I realized how foolish I was.  If L.L. ever reads this- THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!...

Psalm 20
  7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses,
but we trust the name of Yahweh our God.

Trust in God. Such a simple statement, but at times, so hard to do.  I know, I have been there. Yet it is amazing how a simple verse like this can rekindle trust.  Truth: God loves us and we need to trust HIM!!!  Everything on the list (except the Hugs and kisses) will eventually wear out, but The God of all creation will not.  Even when the last memory of every hug or kiss ever given is removed from the last person on earth, God will be there. And this reminds me of a passage from the book of Hebrews..
 
Hebrews, Chapter 1
 1 God, having in the past spoken to the fathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,  2 has at the end of these days spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom also he made the worlds.  3 His Son is the radiance of his glory, the very image of his substance, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purified us of our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

 Trusting in God beats the contents of a plastic bag- doesn't it???