5/19/14

From Gary... What is both near and far simultaneously?


How high do you have to be before you have reached HIGH?  And, how do we perceive what is HIGH in the first place???  As I viewed this picture today, I realized that HIGH is just a matter of perspective!!!  There is something about this picture that is very intriguing to me- its narrowness. That constriction in width accentuates this mountain's height and makes an already high object seem extraordinarily far away.  So much so that I began to wonder what could possibly be on such a distant peak?  Humm... Could God possibly dwell there? Consider this...

Psalm 139 (NASB)
Psa 139:1  For the choir director. A Psalm of David. O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
Psa 139:2  You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar.
Psa 139:3  You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
Psa 139:4  Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all.
Psa 139:5  You have enclosed me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me.
Psa 139:6  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it.

Psa 139:7  Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?
Psa 139:8  If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
Psa 139:9  If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
Psa 139:10  Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me.
Psa 139:11  If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, And the light around me will be night,"
Psa 139:12  Even the darkness is not dark to You, And the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to You.

Psa 139:13  For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb.
Psa 139:14  I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.
Psa 139:15  My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Psa 139:16  Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.
Psa 139:17  How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
Yes, even there!!! From the depths of my being, to the remotest parts of the Earth- God is nearby!!!  I do not understand the how or the why, but I believe it is true because the Bible tells me so. Nothing is hidden from the ALMIGHTY- ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! 

Gary- remember this the next time you are tempted to commit sin and then-- look both without and within to find help from above!!!  Humm... the title Jehovah Jireh comes to mind... (Genesis 22:14)