6/20/14

From Gary.... Beautiful!!!


As I viewed my blog pictures today I saw this picture and thought: HOW BEAUTIFUL!!!  Aesthetically pleasing came to mind as I considered its composition and then realized I don't use the word aesthetic very often. So, I looked it up and here are the results...

aesthetics ~ noun    very rare
 1. (art) the branch of philosophy dealing with beauty and taste (emphasizing the evaluative criteria that are applied to art)
traditional aesthetics assumed the existence of universal and timeless criteria of artistic value
aesthetic ~ noun    very rare
 1. (philosophy) a philosophical theory as to what is beautiful
he despised the esthetic of minimalism

Funny, I didn't even realize I was thinking about Philosophy. Then, I wondered- what does GOD consider beautiful??? Probably a lot more than I will ever be able to understand, but here are a couple of verses to start with...

Exodus, Chapter 28 (NASB)
Exo 28:40  "For Aaron's sons you shall make tunics; you shall also make sashes for them, and you shall make caps for them, for glory and for beauty.

Isaiah, Chapter 62 (NASB)
Isa 62:1  For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I will not keep quiet, Until her righteousness goes forth like brightness, And her salvation like a torch that is burning.
Isa 62:2  The nations will see your righteousness, And all kings your glory; And you will be called by a new name Which the mouth of the LORD will designate.
Isa 62:3  You will also be a crown of beauty in the hand of the LORD, And a royal diadem in the hand of your God. 

GOD called Aaron's sons clothing beautiful and those with the "new name" beautiful as well.  Since the New Testament refers to those following God's way as "Christians" (Acts 11:26), then if you call yourself a Christian- you are beautiful!!!  Funny, I never thought of myself that way before- but who am I to argue with God!!!  Beautiful means BEAUTIFUL- DEAL WITH IT!!!!