6/17/14

From Gary... The joy of memories...

























This is a picture of a food booth at the Schaghticoke fair and I want to thank brother Walter Vogt for sharing with me (and now you- of course)!!!  As a kid, I couldn't wait until it was fair time!!! And even after 50 or more years, I can still taste those sausage, green pepper and onion hoagies!!!!  And the smells that were associated with those sandwiches!!!  What memories!!!!  I guess it is true; what you really love- you WILL remember!!!!  I wonder... do we love the brethren as much as the things we enjoy???...

Philippians, Chapter 1
Php 1:1  Paul and Timothy, bond-servants of Christ Jesus, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, including the overseers and deacons:
Php 1:2  Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Php 1:3  I thank my God in all my remembrance of you,
Php 1:4  always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all,

Php 1:5  in view of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now.
Php 1:6  For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Php 1:7  For it is only right for me to feel this way about you all, because I have you in my heart, since both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers of grace with me.
Php 1:8  For God is my witness, how I long for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus.
Php 1:9  And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment,
Php 1:10  so that you may approve the things that are excellent, in order to be sincere and blameless until the day of Christ;
Php 1:11  having been filled with the fruit of righteousness which comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

I have to admit, Philippians is among my top three books of the Bible.  Its message of joy always brightens up my day!!!  Somehow, every single time I read that book, I feel good; satisfied, pleasantly filled with unexpected happiness.  And there is a bonus that no sandwich could ever give- sometimes when I apply the principles found in Paul's book of Philippians- people appreciate it and actually thank me. With these things in mind- I can't wait to go to church this coming Sunday.  Who knows, perhaps we will have a surprise pot-luck?  If so, you already know what I'll be looking for.....