7/30/14

From Gary.... When your world is all shook up


Acts 16:22-26 NASB
(22)  The crowd rose up together against them, and the chief magistrates tore their robes off them and proceeded to order them to be beaten with rods.
(23)  When they had struck them with many blows, they threw them into prison, commanding the jailer to guard them securely;
(24)  and he, having received such a command, threw them into the inner prison and fastened their feet in the stocks.
(25)  But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the prisoners were listening to them;
(26)  and suddenly there came a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison house were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were unfastened.

Some things are hard for me to understand. It took decades for me to adopt the attitude that Snoopy so gleefully espouses.  Even when my day is difficult, I try to keep a good attitude. However, I have not yet arrived to the level of Paul and Silas.  Imagine, being beaten with rods, imprisoned and chained for what you believe- and then being able to sing praises to God (even at midnight).  Yet, things like this are happening in our world, even now!!!  The thing is- most of the time you get shook up by the events of the day and the earth does not.  I wonder if I will ever have such faith in the face of adversity? And how would my life be changed by God's response to such a faith? I guess I will just have to play wait and see!!!  Its all about one's heart toward God, isn't it???? May God give us all the faith to face whatever the future may hold!!!!