8/5/14

From Gary... Fairy tales can come true, it could happen to you...


http://www.animusic.com/previews/previews2.php?clip=starship-groove

I should have been a leap-year baby. Then, I could justify feeling young, even at 65. If I were a leap-year baby, that would make me 16 and one quarter years old, and that seems just about the right age for me.  Now, physically, I look my age (and then some), but emotionally, I feel young. So, this statement above, does in fact apply to me.  And then there is that link (which I enjoy very much) that is both strange and beautiful at the same time.  But, a healthy self analysis is good periodically, so bring on youth- even if it is only imaginary. In fact, I really don't want to grow up- I AM A TOYS R US, kid. And believe it or not, these things actually cause me to reflect upon the Gospel...

1 Corinthians 15:1-10 NASB
(1)  Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand,
(2)  by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
(3)  For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
(4)  and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,
(5)  and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.
(6)  After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep;
(7)  then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles;
(8)  and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also.
(9)  For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
(10)  But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me.
A sincere search for truth, coupled with a little too active imagination and a desire to experience new things have become the watchword of my advanced years.  This has resulted in my almost daily postings.  Now, please do not get me wrong- I don't claim that they are scholarly, profound or insightful (but once in a while I may almost become one of these things), but what I do claim to be is someone who is experiencing the grace of God in their life and am learning to be the real me!!!   If you enjoy these things, keep reading what I write; if not, just look at the picture below and laugh!!! I do (because I remember what I looked like when I was the normal chronological 16 and one quarter years)...




There you go... love me or hate me, I am what I am by the grace of God!!!