9/19/14

From Gary... Paths of life and the patience of God


I like this sign!!!  I always say: "Where there is life- there is HOPE"!!!  Why? Because of the amazing patience of God.  Read on...

2 Peter 3:8-9 NASB
(8)  But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.
(9)  The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

1 Timothy 1:15-16 NASB
(15)  It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all.
(16)  Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.

It is not too late to change the road your life is on; YOU CAN CHANGE!!!  Most of us lead lives of our own design and we tend to be happy with what we do. But, things change. Life has a way of changing from good to very bad in far too short a time. To me, it makes sense to prepare for the day of our departure from this world. This means seeking a way of living that will please God and not ourselves. After all is said and done here, we will all have to face HIS JUDGEMENT!!! Why not be prepared, why not seek God now? OK, this may sound like I am nagging, but I do not intend to be this way.... rather, I just want you to really think about these things.  I just want to help- you are the only one who will decide. Just think about it, OK?