10/24/14

From Gary.... Is a tummy rub a good thing?


Rub my tummy; no doubt about it!!!  I see it every day and would recognize it no matter what the breed!!!!  I wonder, is there a human equivalent???  I think there is and it is found below...

2 Timothy, Chapter 4
1 I command you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at his appearing and his Kingdom: 2 preach the word; be urgent in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with all patience and teaching.  3 For the time will come when they will not listen to the sound doctrine, but, having itching ears, will heap up for themselves teachers after their own lusts; 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn aside to fables. 5 But you be sober in all things, suffer hardship, do the work of an evangelist, and fulfill your ministry.

In 1973, I saw firsthand the pressures that can be exerted upon a preacher: one week he preached on the fallacies and doctrinal errors of free masonry and the next he recanted because a man-made board threatened his job.  Then and there, I knew I was in the wrong place and went looking for the truth.  Some people are more interested in hearing what they want to hear- instead of a sincere desire to hear what God has said.  So, there is in fact a "tummy rub" for humans, but it isn't a good thing!!!!  Fortunately, there are preachers like Timothy out there who still- tell-it-like-it-is, but with as much love as the circumstances dictate.  Be one of those people!!! As for me, I am still working on it!!!