10/27/14

From Gary... The wrong and the right of it



Today, relativism (truth is what anyone thinks it is) is being taught as a logical, "normal" thing.  Everybody is right? Well, that simply can't be because look what happened in the nation of Israel during the time of the Judges.  Israel went their own way, with everyone doing whatever they wanted.  And the results- Israel strayed from God, then in desperation turned to HIM again. In response, HE gave them a Judge, who delivered them and things were OK for awhile and then the cycle started all over again. The last verse of the book summarizes it pretty well...

Judges, Chapter 21
25 In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes.

Now, Israel did have the Law of Moses, but they didn't listen to it.  Then, at the right time, God sent his son, who led them down the right path. Then, Jesus taught those who would follow HIM and later on, the HOLY SPIRIT completed the process, as the following plainly teach....

John, Chapter 12
46 "I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness. 47 "If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day. 49 "For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak. 50 "I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me."

John Chapter 14 (NAS)
23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. 24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me. 25 "These things I have spoken to you while abiding with you. 26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Matthew, Chapter 28 (NAS)
18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always , even to the end of the age."  

Question: If Jesus has all authority, how much do I have?  Answer: NONE!!!  And yet, today, our society teaches that everyone is right.  Society teaches that there is no wrong or right (wait, right and wrong JUST SOUNDS BETTER).  I wonder just how far this nation will stray from God before calamity strikes?  Sounds like the book of Judges (which is worth a re-read, I might add) all over again.  Wake up, America!!! There is truth and it is not subjective- it is absolute.  And all you have to do is open your Bible and read it!!!