11/18/14

From Gary.... How to fix a "flat"

 
Some times things just go wrong. The flat tire, the broken disk, the forgotten bank deposit or a thousand other things can happen to make your day upsetting.  But sometimes things just work themselves out; and it seems that this is especially true of the Christian life...

Philippians, Chapter 1
 12  Now I desire to have you know, brothers, that the things which happened to me have turned out rather to the progress of the Good News;  13 so that it became evident to the whole palace guard, and to all the rest, that my bonds are in Christ; 14 and that most of the brothers in the Lord, being confident through my bonds, are more abundantly bold to speak the word of God without fear.  15 Some indeed preach Christ even out of envy and strife, and some also out of good will.  16 The former insincerely preach Christ from selfish ambition, thinking that they add affliction to my chains;  17 but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the Good News. 

  18  What does it matter? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed. I rejoice in this, yes, and will rejoice.  19 For I know that this will turn out to my salvation, through your supplication and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,  20 according to my earnest expectation and hope, that I will in no way be disappointed, but with all boldness, as always, now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life, or by death.  21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Frankly, I don't know what these people will do, but they probably will "fix their flat tire".  Is it me- or does their "flat tire dog" have a smile on its face?  If so, I think a tummy rub is in order.  Happiness fixes more problems than anything else!!!  This is especially true for those who follow God.  When Christians take some time and think of the big picture, then we realize that God is going to work everything out in due time.  So smile and remember....

Romans 8:28
 28  We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose.

Once again--   

M  I  L  E   !!!!!