12/20/14

From Gary... Round and round it goes...


Tomorrow is the beginning of winter. Fall is almost a memory, and it seems almost as fleeting as one rotation of the merry-go-round in the picture.  Even though today is NOT the official beginning of our coldest season, yet I doubt very much if you could find this scene anywhere in the U.S.. However, one thing you CAN see- and that is older people watching things happen.  And perhaps reflecting a bit on others and what THEY are doing.  Maybe even remembering how their ride "on the merry-go-round" was and how it felt for them to be young.  And WHEN they were young, they were "too busy" to just think, to reflect upon life and what really matters in its living.  What would I do differently?

I would have considered the following verse from the Bible earlier in my sentience and sought to apply it with more gusto...

Matthew, Chapter 6 (WEB)
33  But seek first God’s Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well.

What would you have chosen, and WHY? More importantly, what will you do differently, NOW? That is one question I CAN'T answer, but I can suggest something- Go back to the beginning of Jesus' sermon and read it all the way through (Matthew, 5,6 and 7). Every time I do, its like the merry-go-round has just completed a revolution and something new comes to my attention.  And when that merges with the Old me, a New me appears. So much for Fall- bring on the Winter!!! And so "round and round" it goes...