2/10/15

From Gary... In the year of freedom




As I sat here thinking, of thoughts that came to me,
I wondered what things would be like in two thousand ninety three.

Will humans still work at meaningless things or will they work at all?
I cannot say, I dare not say for humanity is in for a fall!

Will brother still hate brother and kill or maim or steal?
Will men still burn others in a cage for the sake of some ideal?

And what of freedom, hope and love, will they still exist?
Or, will the state prohibit them and banish them from our midst?

How bleak would this existence be, how devoid of all humanity,
but then a came once again and filled this heart with glee

For in the future, whatever the year may be,
Jesus, the Christ has paid the price and I am eternally free.

Psalm, 118 (WEB)

 5 Out of my distress, I called on Yah.
Yah answered me with freedom.