2/28/15

From Gary.... Insightful humility


I think the nine little statements in the picture are worth reading (again and again)!!! Why? Because they are very insightful.  Again, why? Well, because young children don't have all the "baggage" that those of us who are "ancient" have!!!  And sometimes that baggage gets in the way of being spiritual. The disciples of Jesus were not immune to such things, as this brief quote from Matthew illustrates.

Matthew, Chapter 18 (WEB)
2  Jesus called a little child to himself, and set him in their midst, 3 and said, “Most certainly I tell you, unless you turn, and become as little children, you will in no way enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.   4 Whoever therefore humbles himself as this little child, the same is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.   5  Whoever receives one such little child in my name receives me,

For a month or two I have been following a Greek instructor via email and trying to learn a few things about New Testament Koine Greek.  It is difficult for me, due to my advanced years, to absorb everything, but a few things stick. Today, I was listening to a rather extensive explanation of Galatians 1:13 and realized that for all the teachers knowledge, the simplest, most literal translation was the best. Now, don't get me wrong- this person is a great teacher, but sometimes a little child or even a new-be in Greek can be right about something. Having said all that- remember to be humble, Gary!!!

By the way, of all the nine statements above, I like number 7 and 9 the best.